Construct a series of sketches that develop building shapes using only HORIZONTAL OR VERTICAL lines. Use only one directionality within each investigation. Choose each directionality based on the main elements found within that location. How does the directionality of a building influencemovement around it?
OPTIONAL: Overlay human profile sketches to indicate how each direction influences behavioral movement within each location.
- foreground (dark line weight)
- middle ground (medium line weight)
- background (light line weight)
- varied spacing of lines to indicate opacity
- scale / proportion
- directionality of overall building elements
- relationship of these elements to surrounding context
Vertical elements inspire one to look skyward, while horizontal elements encourage the eye to move off towards the horizon. Learning to read the elements of a context can help influence interaction.
Complete no less than five drawings per location, with no less than fifteen minutes spent per drawing.