DAVID AND GOLIATH
Document in a series of quick, but detailed sketches, the USE OF SCALE AS AN ORGANIZING METHOD in an urban environment. How does each element influence human interaction within a given context?
Block out the volumetric elements, such as buildings, doorways, gateways, in this environment using three-dimensionaldrawing techniqu es. Combine these with human profile drawings, showing through repeated symbols how often one element encourages human interaction.
- foreground (dark line weight)
- middle ground (medium line weight)
- background (light line weight)
- flat tonal color
- spliced photo-collaging to represent human interaction
- accurate proportion
- perspective -OR- constructed orthographic projection
- photography to represent architectural elements
This series should explore how scale within a context sets up a sense of hierarchy in that space, and how this hierarchy can be used to call attention to certain elements and influence interaction.
Construct no less than five drawings per location, spending no more than fifteen minutes sketching and thirty minutes (total) in completing the composition.