REAL HIGH PROFILE
Construct a series of QUICK RAPID-FIRE EXPLORATIONSusing profiles of elements in view. Consider all rooftops, silhouettes, and connections.What are the primary shapes these create? Look at the figure / ground relationships between thebuildings, objects andthe backgrounds the are housed within.
- foreground (dark line weight)
- middle ground (medium line weight)
- background (light line weight)
- perspective OR constructed orthographic projection
- abstraction of SPACE (3D) into SHAPE (2D)
This assignment is designed to help you explore how lines in an environment (natural or man-made) can define shape, space, and lead the eye.
Complete no less than five drawings per location, spending no more than fifteen minutes on each.